The Village of Walnut Creek encourages families who will participate in traditional trick-or-treat activities to follow these guidelines for a safe celebration:
- Trick-or-treat hours will be observed from 6-8 pm Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
- Parents are asked to supervise their children’s Halloween activities and ensure that trick-or-treat activities are limited to children under the age of 16.
- Residents who wish to participate in trick-or-treating are asked to leave a porch light, or other outdoor light, on during these hours.
- Parents are asked to explain to children that homes with outdoor lights turned off are not participating, and these homes should be passed up during trick-or-treat activities.
- It is also recommended for the safety of our children that parental supervision be extended to include an insistence that children do not consume any treats until they have been closely examined by their parents. Parents should follow the rule “if in doubt, throw it out” where evidence of tampering with packaging or surfaces of consumable product exists.
Last modified: November 6, 2023